Traditional business models just are not holding up to the widespread disruption caused by COVID-related lockdowns and changes in consumer demands.
As businesses face adjustments wrought by the ongoing pandemic, more are turning to managed services in a bid to lower costs — while still getting access to the skill sets and technologies they need to be successful.
As COVID-19 continues to impact the economic landscape, businesses are discovering that:
- Cost control is essential
- New technologies are critical to improving efficiency metrics
- Regulatory compliance is growing even more complex
- Staying ahead of the competition requires more insights, including data analytics
These realizations position managed services as a crucial tool in helping businesses do more with less.
Managed IT is one of those services, perhaps the most pivotal one.
For years, managed IT teams have been actively providing small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with the same IT power as large enterprises — for a fraction of the cost.
Now, as the business world continues to react to the global pandemic, more is needed. A new, more powerful solution to outsourced IT is necessary to keep businesses ahead of the game.
That is why leaders in the managed IT industry are beginning to forge new partnerships to bring clients — and their businesses — added value.
The Power of Managed IT Partnerships
At its core, a managed IT program provides a wealth of benefits to businesses of all sizes and scopes, giving them access to cutting-edge talent and infrastructure without the cost of keeping a fully-fledged in-house IT department running.
Here is how it works:
- A strong managed IT service provider (MSP) can provide an in-depth assessment of your infrastructure to highlight areas of cost-savings and provide productivity-boosting tools that work well with your current system.
- They can bring your business access to fast and secure cloud computing that allows your team to work from any location — in the office, at home, or on the go — while keeping proprietary or sensitive data secure.
- As part of a strong managed IT program, your MSP will provide industry training to end users to keep them abreast of security protocols and help them get the most from your optimized system.
- Finally, a managed program brings you all the service, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs that your system requires for a single monthly cost.
Sounds great — and it is.
But when your MSP forges strong partnerships with other services experts within the industry, your business can achieve amplified results, an important factor in being able to maintain a competitive edge in today’s uncertain marketplace.
Powering Up Your Managed IT
Working with a managed services provider that has developed meaningful partnerships with other leaders in technology can help your business elevate productivity and revenue while reducing costs and errors even faster.
For example, innovative companies like Perry proTech help clients take IT management to a new level, offering automated IT documentation to streamline processes such as customer onboarding.
Their technology also unlocks critical, in-depth analytics to help clients evaluate sales prospects, review business processes, and assess new projects on the drawing board.
Customer downtime is reduced through proactively identified issues — and concurrent resolution — and accounts are more easily managed using a robust reporting system.
Security and compliance become easier through the visibility provided by audit reports, billing errors are reduced through easy access to correct data, and it can all get done without costly expansion to your in-house talent.
Perry proTECH Gives You Access to Solid Managed IT Solutions
At Perry proTECH, we understand the importance of strong partnerships — both with the clients we serve and with leaders in our industry.
Our team of managed IT experts can help you increase the power of your current IT infrastructure by providing access to a series of tools that help you access data, dig deeper for insights, manage your team and customer journeys, and keep your fingers on the pulse of what moves business — even as markets shift and change.
Get amplified Managed IT services with our strategic partnerships. Contact a Perry proTECH consultant and find out how fast managed IT can transform your business this year.